What we look for in the candidates that we support
- We believe that the 2nd Amendment is the cornerstone of the rights given to us in the constitution. It is foremost that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.''
- We believe in the importance of the 4th Amendment. As technology grows Americans must be protected against unlawful search and seizure. Everyone is granted the right of privacy from the constitution, and we will work to protect this right!
- We support candidates that want to confirm strict originalist judges to the judiciary. Legislation from the bench must stop, as it circumvents the will of the people. The constitution is not a "living document". The late great Antonin Scalia explained, "The Constitution is not a living organism.... it's a legal document."
- As well, we advocate for the election of officials that believe that the judiciary overstepped their authority, by allowing municipalities the use of "eminent domain" to build privately owned shopping centers and malls. This was never the intent of 5th Amendment, and Kelo should be overturned.
- The Constitution was written to limit government, the forefathers had just fought a long and difficult war for freedom, and the result was the Constitution of the United States. We will support candidates that have this same view of a limited government and uninfringed rights to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"
- Increased funding for the VA Aid and Attendance Program. While great progress has been made with many of the backlogs in the VA system, this program seems to be lagging behind. Many veterans' spouses depend on this money to hire in-home support, to keep our nation's heroes out of institutionalized care.
- We support candidates that want to increase the number of local Veteran's Service Officers. These VSOs are critical in navigating the VA system, and help insure that our nation's heroes get the benefits they deserve.
- We support more funding earmarked for the VA to provide transportation to and from appointments. Many of our veterans live several miles away from their local VA hospital, and do not have the support system in place to travel to and from the VA facility.
- We need increased support for emergency housing for our veterans. Many of our nation's veterans live paycheck to paycheck, and can quickly find themselves homeless. We believe that there are no excuses for any of our heroes to be without a place to call home.
- Pushing for the increased safety of law enforcement officers, by advocating for increased punishment under the law for attacks on policemen and policewomen.
- Advocate for the shoring up of the (PSOB) Public Safety Officers Benefits Office through greater transparency and increased funding.
- Prioritize increased mental health support and benefits to all first responders including our police officers.
- Work to increase punishment for repeat/serial criminals.
- Advocate for a nationalized, uniform “Move Over Law” for all first responders on the United States Interstate System.
- Greater protections of Good Samaritan laws and a more uniform standard of Good Samaritan laws to help protect all first responders attempting to help the general public.
- Increased funding for the National Firefighter Cancer Registry that will be used to realize an increased inherent risk of cancer to volunteer firefighters and develop more meaningful interventions to help mitigate this increased risk.
- The passage of laws to help protect the jobs of volunteer firefighters injured in the line of duty or that miss work due to responding to emergencies.
- Greater protections of Good Samaritan laws and a more uniform standard of Good Samaritan laws to help protect responders attempting to help the general public.
- Greater tax benefits for health providers willing to perform physicals for the fire service.
- A national death benefit for volunteer firefighters that died during the line of duty.
- Push for legislation that promotes safety for volunteer firefighters while responding to incidents and while on the scene of an incident.